4.10.2014

Say it ain't so, Dave!

Just the other night, Kates and I were discussing David Letterman and wondering how long he would continue his Late Show. It was only a matter of time, I figured, that he would retire.

Last week, Dave announced his retirement. I purposely waited to post anything here before I could watch his retirement announcement episode on our DVR. I wanted to see the show for myself. Last night, I finally watched it.

I guess the clock is really ticking now on my bucket list item to attend a taping of the Late Show.



Fast forward to today, and CBS has announced Stephen Colbert will take over for Letterman. I don't approve.

As one of my media friends put it in a tweet today: Congratulations Jimmy Fallon ... Jimmy Fallon is clearly the new golden boy and ushering in a new era of late night TV.

Good reads ...
a David Letterman’s Legacy
a David Letterman to retire: 'His greatness will always be remembered'
a David Letterman's Top 10 Late Night Television Moments
a David Letterman: Last of the Stand-Up Guys
a 6 Iconic David Letterman Interviews

No comments: