8.17.2013

An important day

And the beat goes on.

The Royals may have lost three in a row this week, but tonight they swept the first-place Tigers in games two and three of a five-game series this weekend.

Huge.

Phoebe – my baseball buddy – stayed up late with me to watch, while Kates went to bed.

I battled through it and managed to keep my eyes long enough to see the dramatic ninth and Greg Holland earn another save as Phoebe fell asleep in my lap.

Then, as the postgame show began, I had the privilege of carrying her up to her bed and tucking her in.

Having that kind of time with Phoebe tonight is what I love about being a dad.

Sam Melinger’s column this morning says it all about this weekend: Is it a stretch to call this the most important single day of Royals baseball in a decade?

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2013/08/16/4414705/is-it-a-stretch-to-call-this-the.html#storylink=cpy
We’re dealing with low standards here. But if we’re talking about actual baseball games – not "events" like the Carlos Beltran trade, Eric Hosmer’s call-up, the James Shields trade – then I’m not sure what would be higher.

The Royals’ last three weeks of dreams are essentially facing the firing squad this weekend. The Royals put themselves on this razor’s edge back in May, with that 4-19 turd, then played well enough to capture a city’s attention with that 17-3 run.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2013/08/16/4414705/is-it-a-stretch-to-call-this-the.html#storylink=cpy




No comments: