8.16.2012

Political reflections

So apparently the nation is in full campaign mode. We saw so many state political ads cluttering the Olympics broadcasts over the last two weeks I wanted to scream. Four out of every five commercials were endorsing or slamming -- mostly slamming -- a political candidate.

Which makes this clip from last night's Daily Show especially timely. During this campaign season, let's all take a look in the mirror, people.


Meanwhile ...

Paul Ryan was announced as Mitt Romney's running mate over the weekend, and I couldn't help but laugh at The Onion's run of stories about Mr. Ryan this week.

I had some opportunities to meet him, interview him and see him in action during my former life as a newspaper reporter. I'll say this, he's a good man and I have a lot of respect for him. ... Which makes the last article I've posted here even more entertaining to think perhaps I just fell under his spell.

a Focus: Who Is Paul Ryan?
a Ryan Begins Attacking Romney's Record As Massachusetts Governor
a Paul Ryan: Admit It, I Scare The Ever-Loving Shit Out Of You, Don't I?

No comments: