6.22.2012

Winning

My softball team’s regular season ended tonight. With another win.

I contributed with a 3-for-3 night at the plate, including a double. I notched an RBI on each of my hits and eventually scored all three times.

We ended our season with a record of 9-3 and clinched at least a tie for the league championship. In the games we lost, our defense was awful and our powerful offense couldn’t make up the difference. … But in the games we won, we played nearly flawless. In fact, every game we won was cut short by our team by mounting the maximum 15-run lead.

Now we wait for the rest of the teams in the league to finish their seasons so we can see how the standings shake out and get our seeding for the playoffs.

To celebrate, I brought home Mocha Moo-Lates for Kates and I and a dish of vanilla ice cream -- with sprinkles -- for Phoebe.

We proceeded to have one of our epic dance parties in the kitchen, brought to you tonight by The Allman Brothers’ “Jessica.” … Phoebe giggled as she copied my dancing -- stomping feet, waving hands, shaking head and all. She also danced while holding onto the 14 balloons that came home with us from a baby shower for Faye yesterday with my work colleagues.

It was a classic scene I hope I won't soon forget. If only I had video of it.

No comments: