1.23.2011

The Pack is back

I'm watching the Steelers and Jets in the AFC Championship game now.

I don't care who wins.

All that matters is the Packers are going to the Super Bowl.

There are three things about this year's NFL season I've maintained since the opening week.
  1. The Minnesota Vikings would not finish the season with Brett Favre.
  2. The Chicago Bears were overrated.
  3. And the Green Bay Packers were heading to the Super Bowl.
I was proven right on all three accounts, thank you very much. ... And now that I think about it, it sure would be amusing to see the Jets make the Super Bowl and set up a meeting between two of the teams Favre failed to take to the big game during his final years  -- a notion Favre haters floated all week.

There was hardly a doubt in my mind the Packers would be advancing today. ... I say hardly because my stomach churned every time the ball went Devin Hester's way, and that third-stringer Hanie kid was pretty decent. That fourth quarter wasn't easy to watch.

Now they're burning Jay Cutler jerseys in Chicago. ... I, too, found it a little mysterious to see him standing with so much ease on the sideline if he suffered a serious knee injury.

The Packers have played with so much confidence throughout the playoffs. The defense is tight, always stepping up when it needs to make a big play. Aaron Rogers is the real deal, and he has one of the best receiving corps in the league to throw to. Now they've added James Starks. Look out.

On to the Super Bowl.

Good read ...
a Twitter gives fans ultimate Packer party

Updated reads (2.1.2011)
a Reality Finally Caught Up to the Bears
a A missed lesson in knowing when and where to whine

No comments: