12.22.2010

Christmas games

I left my office last evening, and I'm away from my job until 2011. ... Well, sort of. I will be packing some material to read and things to write in my suitcase.

But I'm free for the holidays. ... I love working in academia!

In the midst of running laps around the house this morning, packing suitcases, finishing laundry and cleaning, I caught an interview with Phil Jackson on Sportscenter and his thoughts about the NBA scheduling games on Christmas day ...

An issue that's always perplexed me, too.

Phil says ...
"It's like Christian holidays don't mean to them anything any more. Just go out and play and entertain the TV. It's really weird, but it is what it is. We have to go to work and make the best of it. ... It's going to be Christmas, and you're going to have little kids putting batteries in toys and putting their Christmas presents together. There's all kinds of crazy stuff going on, and now your head has got to get focused on the game, in the middle of the afternoon on Christmas Day."
Amen, Phil.

No comments: