8.07.2010

Stuff n' fluff

Once again cleaning my desktop of meaningless, but entertaining and worthy, reads and links I've come across the last few weeks ...

The title of this post, by the way, comes from the latest buzzword to dominate our household these last couple weeks, thanks to Phoebe's incessant viewing of her Winnie the Pooh video.

First up, this geekalicious "Star Wars" video I picked this week from a Twitter feed. It's a montage of every lightsaber ignition -- and retraction -- in the galaxy far, far away ...



* * *

This one is called "16 Stars' Most Embarassing TV Ads" ...

I was surprised by how many of these TV commercials I remembered.

* * *

Here's two Onion reads that really had me laughing out loud recently ...

First: God Hinting At Retirement

Second: Local Family Homeless After Tornado Destroys White House

Maybe it's my years of crime and spot news reporting. Maybe I was in a loopy mood. But the latter delivers so many great lines, I was laughing uncontrollably.

"As of press time, several items of sentimental value to the family remained unaccounted for, including Mrs. Obama's wedding gown, both daughters' baby books, David Axelrod, and an antique portrait of George Washington that had been in the home for generations."

* * *

On its photo blog the Denver Post recently published a series of color photos taken between 1939 and 1943.

Simply beautiful.
* * *

The Old Spice campaign is one of the best marketing and advertising stories of the year. And I've enjoyed reading about it.

Check out this "making of" video of the iconic Super Bowl commercial.

* * *

Finally ... Think social media is a fad? Watch this video.

No comments: