10.17.2009

Saturday morning

We're setting up for a relaxing day around the house, amid the dreary winter-like weather outside ...

But, hey 60s and 70s with sun to start next week, right!? I'll believe it when I see it.

Phoebe is bouncing around the room and playing with her baby doll and blocks. Kates is getting ready to go shopping. And I'm doing some reading before I get started on the honey-do list -- fixing a light bulb, paying some bills, cleaning the bathroom ...

I just read two interesting pieces in The New York Times ...

The first from Bob Herbert, "Pricing the Kids Out," about the costs of going to a sports game these days. ... It makes me sick.

The second piece is ‘Mad Men’ and the Thrill of Other People’s Misery in Sour Times ... The show continues to fascinate Kates and I each week, and there's some truth to this story and the idea that the show is a glimpse into our predecessors.

No comments: