2.10.2009

Heroes good-bye

Dear “Heroes” --

I’m writing to inform you that you have been terminated from my DVR effective immediately.

I want you to know I appreciate the joy you have brought me during the last three years. Like millions of TV viewers I initially was dazzled by your colorful scenery, gripping story lines and the everyday people with extraordinary abilities. Earlier this season, I also believed in you when your critics were getting more sour.

But after watching the last two weeks’ episodes, I have come to the realization that it’s no longer worth my time to watch you. The most recent episodes were so dull and full of cheesy dialogue that I found myself asking repeatedly: If this were a new show, would I keep up with it? Unfortunately, the answer is a solid no.

I made this tough decision in the interests of making some serious cuts to my TV-watching time, spending more time with my family and freeing up some of my hours to pursue other interests.

Again, thank you for your time during these last three years.

Sincerely,
M.H.

No comments: