12.14.2008

Sunday Night Recording

(Updated 12.15.2008)

... Kates and I just finished watching the latest episode of our "Sunday Night 'Saturday Night Live.' "

... And I have to say ... Last night's SNL might have been the best all-around SNL I have seen in a long time. (Mo Ryan disagrees.) I had good, hearty laughs on multiple skits (Which I don't recall happening during the Tina-Fey-as-Sarah-Palin Era). I thoroughly enjoyed the entire show ...

From Jason Sudeikis playing the foul-mouthed Blago in the opening sketch, to the return of "Bronx Beat" to a Weekend Update that nearly had my side hurting ...

And this weekend we really did have to say good-bye to Amy Poehler ... I'm not sure if I missed something, but we swore she was done when she had her baby a few weeks ago. Then, she popped up on last week's show (HA-larious! by the way ...), and the word was that it was a one-time deal. Then, she popped up again last night -- and we cheered briefly that she might not be going away, only to watch her choked-up farewell at the end of Update ... We'll miss you Amy ...

In case you missed it, here's the opening sketch ... (And here's what Phil Rosenthal had to say about it. I get his point, and OK, the accent didn't work ... But I still thought SNL's take was funny ...)




Here's Weekend Update ... (Apparently people didn't like the take on David Paterson either. Again, I get their point ... But it's SNL. And it had my side hurting ...)





And while I'm at it, here's my favorite bit from last weekend's SNL -- Obama: Cool. (Kates and I were actually singing this around the house after we finished watching last weekend's show ...)



* * *


In other news tonight ...

Kates was putting Phoebe to bed as I caught this on the Nightly News ...

So amusing to watch I called Kates back to the living room ... and we watched it probably three or four more times ...



No comments: