5.06.2008

Exploding poop!

Over the last couple weeks, I've developed a new nickname for Phoebe ...

Mt. St. Phoebe.

And this evening she lived up to it with force.

After I arrived home from work tonight, Kates made it my responsibility to change Phoebe's diaper while she made supper.

No problem. When I'm home, I've been doing the majority of the diaper changing. I can handle it ... Though it's a little more complicated than we'd like these days. Phoebs has a bit of a diaper rash, which means we have to put these creams and ointments on her too -- which makes diaper changes a little more time-consuming, and gives her more time to do some ... well, damage. It's not uncommon for her to go a couple more times while we're changing her, and then we have to start the entire process again ...

So tonight. I'm changing her diaper. And she's already gone a couple times ...

Finally, I think I'm almost done. But then I can sense her winding up again ...

Before I know it, I can see more of the yellow-goldish slime seeping from her bottom ...

And in another instant, she's shot it right at me like a speeding bullet.

All over my shirt. The wall. Her dresser. The floor.

Yeah.

After I composed myself -- and Kates came to my aid -- I did get her cleaned up and the diaper changed. Actually, it took me five tries to get the job done -- a new record.

Kates tells me I better get used to it.

No comments: