1.20.2008

Sunday morning

Kates is becoming my little sports fan more and more every day …

This morning, having decided we weren’t leaving the house today (the temperature gauge outside reads 2 degrees, and we’ve got ice glazing our windows …), we ate breakfast while I had “Outside the Lines” and “The Sports Reporters” going on ESPN …

While I mostly just took it in, Kates was spouting her sports opinions on report after report …

On Roger Clemens' upcoming date with congress: “Everyone think Roger’s guilty, it’s McNamee they all believe …”

On Jokim Noah’s rookie problems with the Bulls: He's the problem with the Bulls. He's all we've been hearing about since they got him ..."

And on Golf Week's noose cover: "Tiger said he didn't have a problem with the broadcaster. They're only making it worse..."

Ah, I've succeeded. I've taught her well.

* * *


So we finally got around to watching "Babel" last night -- you know that film that was an Oscar contender last year ...

And so it goes.

Interesting film. I can definitely see the comparisons to "Crash" ... Though I didn't care much for the storyline about the deaf Japanese girl, each of the storylines grew more compelling as the film moved on and there were some good aha! moments when they finally started to fit together ...

* * *

Kates and I watched the final pre-strike "30 Rock" this morning.

I've said this before and I'll say it again: Never thought I'd say it a couple years ago, but "30 Rock" is my new favorite sitcom.

The musical finale -- Midnight Train to Georgia! with Gladys Knight! -- in the last episode was awesome! Classic ...

No comments: