12.10.2007

Cranked up

The writer's strike continues. And the TV in our house tonight is off ...

Kates is celebrating the eve of her last master's class ... by putting the finishing touches on her final project ...

And that means I've got some me time. The amps are cranked and I'm spinning whatever moves me ... All day I was yearning for John Mayer's Continuum, so I popped that in soon after I arrived home tonight. Now Mute Math is playing (so good!!), and I think I'll be going with some Shiny Toy Guns after that ...

It's going to be a long night.

Man. Music is great.

* * *

Around this time in year's past, I've posted our Christmas wishes ...

Not this year, I've decided. With the sluggish economy and tightened budgets everywhere you look, it just seemed, well, selfish to post a list of things we want. Kates and I have resigned to the fact we won't be trading gifts this year ... We're having a baby and that's our gift!

In the midst of tightened budgets and baby talk, it's also me coming to the realization that a whole lot of things are going to be changing in the next several months...

There's been a good run of concert announcements lately that under other circumstances I'd be booking tickets for immediately ... But not this year. No matter how much I beg, Kates keeps shutting me down. She's good at keeping it real. If she can shut me down, she's got all the makings of a good mom ...

The Mute Math / Alanis Morissette / Matchbox Twenty show on Feb. 5 ... For several years now, Matchbox Twenty has been at the top of my list of bands that I'd like to see live before I die or they break up. And I badly want to see Mute Math again ... Not happening.

Or how about The 5 Browns on March 1. The dazzling piano quintet. That's sure to be an unforgettable show too ... Yeah, that one's not happening either.

And today came the announcment of Glen Phillips. The Toad the Wet Sprocket singer-songwriter. April 12. In Milwaukee ... We could be having a baby that very day. So that one's definitely not happening ...

Big sigh.

* * *

This one was too cool (and cute) to not post ...

Kates' mom is a big fan of the popular Jane and Kidd morning show and recently delivered some canned goods to their Stuff the Bus event. Chloe got to go along for the ride too ...

Said Kates' mom: "Jane ooed and aahed over Chloe, so I held her up to get petted. I told Jane Chloe was a long-time fan, and Jane said, 'Yeah, we're very popular with small dogs!' "

Good stuff. Here's the picture posted of them on the station's Web site ...

No comments: