10.19.2007

Internet fun

... So my cohort, Laura, was doing some research this week for a project we were woking on about different tree species and their leaves ...

When she logged on to Wikipedia and searched for white poplar, the first paragraph read like this ...

The White Poplar (Populus alba) is a species of poplar, most closely related to the aspens (Populus sect. Populus). It is native from Spain and Morocco through central Europe (north to Germany and Poland) to central Asia. It grows in moist sites, often by watersides, in regions with hot summers and cold to mild winters.[1][2]One time i saw someone humping a white poplar ...

Ok. So typing it now makes it seem pretty moronic and juvenile ... But we tend to be a loopy bunch, and when Laura pointed it out to me, we both burst out laughing. And by the time we could show it to our podmate, the wiki page had already been edited. It was pure luck that we caught the prank at the right moment ... ah, the joys of Wikipedia.

* * *

Last night I was surfing through videos on MySpace and came across this one. Pretty amusing ...

Funny Bathroom Mirror Prank


And then there was this one, whch features a kid who's not very bright ... But man, did I enjoy it! As I was downloading the video it stalled at a point where I could see exactly what was about to happen, and I burst out laughing before even seeing the outcome. Then the video resumed, of course, and I couldn't stop laughing ... I proceeded to watch it multiple times. Continued to laugh. Showed it to my loopy cohorts this morning. All of us watched it multiple times together. And laughed until we had tears in our eyes.

No comments: