8.06.2007

Game #11

... So we played another game tonight.

How'd we do?

Pshaaaaa. C'mon how do you think we did!? We won 14-1!

Ok. So we played the worst team in the league. But to our credit, we beat these guys by just one run in our preseason scrimmage, and we played such pefect ball tonight, I'll bet we could've beaten any team in the league ...

Our pitcher was throwing strikes and he was perfect through the first four innings. He was incredible! He notched 14 strikeouts, while giving up just one solid hit, and one other base runner reached on an error. He gave up his only run, unearned, on our catcher's errant pickoff throw to third base ...

The ball got out of the infield just twice. Our defense was near flawless.

Plus our bats were hot too. Guys that hadn't done much this season were clouting doubles to the gaps and the deepest parts of the field ...

Unfortunately, I can't say I contributed all that much tonight. I think it's safe to say I've hit a slump ...

I was back in the leadoff spot tonight and playing center field. At the plate, the pitches were coming in like basketballs, but all I could get out of them were a couple dribblers back to the pitcher in my first two at-bats and a pop-out to the shortstop in my third at-bat ...

Finally in my fourth at-bat, I beat out a ground ball hit to the third base side. I stole second a couple pitches later, and then, without even breaking my stride, took third on a bad throw. A couple pitches after that I took home on a pitch that got through to the backstop...

In my final at-bat, I took a walk and stole second again. I scooted home for another run on a base hit ...

I'll take the win. Our record for the season is 2-9, though looking back at the games that we should've won, it could easily be 7-4.

My line for the season …
.345 average, 10 hits, 6 walks, 5 strikeouts, .486 on-base %, 6 stolen bases, 10 runs, 2 RBI

As for our other games …
Game one: We lost, 16-4
Game two: We lost, 13-2
Game three: We lost, I was off for the weekend
Game four: We lost, 5-4
Game five: We lost, 20-9
Game six: We lost, 5-4 (with pictures!)
Game seven: We won, 7-5
Game eight: We lost, 12-4
Game nine: We lost, 14-9
Game ten: We lost, 5-3

No comments: