4.25.2007

Idol bore

So I watched Idol last night ...

Songs of inspiration was the theme.

More like songs to bore you.

Not one of the performers inspired me. Even the strong song choices -- Blake did John Lennon's "Imagine" -- were dull.

... Then again, my gas tank was nearly empty last night by the time we sat down for Idol. I was exhausted, and I wasn't in the most spectacular of moods. I barely remember any of Jordin's performance because I was starting to doze, and that performance is the one people appear to be talking about today.

Oh well.

The sentiment carried over into tonight's show too. I know, I should be ashamed of myself, but I wasn't really loving the whole "Idol Gives Back" charity-fest either. I'm sorry, but that's not why I watch the show ...

OK. But that Elvis-Celine Dion duet was amazing. I really want to know how they pulled that off ...

No comments: