2.19.2007

Here comes the sun!

The temperature was in the 40s today!! ... I forgot what that felt like!!

And the sun was out!!

... I was actually sweating a little as I walked out to my car this afternoon.

See you later, you stinkin' frigid February ...

Bring on the March madness!

* * *

I finally got a hold of a copy of The Beatles' new Love album today ...

I have to admit, I had my doubts when I heard George Martin and son Giles were playing around with the Fab Four's original tapes. That's like Madonna trying to cover "American Pie," right?

Then I popped it in this afternoon ...

Wow.

It a hodgepodge of drum beats, guitar riffs and anything else the Martins could pull from some of the Beatles greatest hits and deepest cuts -- all of it welded into 78 minutes of pure Beatles bliss that will play with your mind and have you sitting back in your chair, realizing just how great of a band they were ...

If you're an avid Beatles fan, you'll recognize just about every single moment of this album, no matter how many layers are piled on ...

I'm almost finished with my second listen, and still catching things I didn't hear the first time around ...

My favorite track? Has to be "Strawberry Fields Forever" ... it's completely rearranged, includes an orchestral clip of "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band," the harpsichord section from "In My Life," the brass section of "Penny Lane," the harpsichord from "Piggies" and the end vocals from "Hello, Goodbye."

Wow.

Other reviews from...
a Entertainment Weekly
a All Music Guide
a Pop Matters
a The Observer

No comments: