12.29.2006

Chillin'

... I'm on vacation!

... I was off from work for Christmas Day, but had to go back in for the four-day week. Worked on some designs. Did some editing. Wrote a bit ...

... And at 3 o' clock this afternoon, I said see ya next year and left the building for a much-anticipated, much-needed one-week vacation.

Kates and I have nothing special planned for the week, but I'm looking forward to sleeping late, watching lots of movies, doing some work around the house, some shopping, maybe a day-trip to Chicago and catching up on some personal work ...

(happy sigh)

Being on vacation feels good.

* * *

... So I'm on an ABBA kick now.

Over the last couple days I've been watching bits and pieces of the "ABBA: Super Troupers" documentary I DVR'd from PBS last weekend, and I finished watching it after work today...

Say what you will about their cheese factor, but they're just one of those groups -- you can't deny their successes. Their complex melodies and harmonies are oh so catchy and fun to listen to, plus I'm a sucker for great female voices ...

It's reading about their histories and moments like these that I think if only groups like ABBA, The Beatles or The Carpenters could reunite just once more ...

No comments: