10.28.2006

Game over


Congratulations Cardinals.

Dang.

... ah, well. Last night's Tigers loss was made a little easier by the fact the Tigers were so awful in their four losses, they didn't deserve to win the series ...

... A World Series record five errors by the Detroit pitchers! ... When Weaver slapped that ball back at Verlander in the fourth, I braced and it was as though I could see the future. Then Verlander threw to third to try getting Molina and it happened -- the ball went past a diving Brandon Inge and Molina scored. ... An identical play to Zumaya's errant throw past Inge in Game 3!!!!!!!!!

... I pounded my fists on the couch and about went ballistic ...

... Best sign of the night: A Cardinals fan held one up that read "Hit it to the pitcher!"

... You can make an argument that the Cardinals didn't really deserve to win the series either, barely squeaking into the postseason and having the worst record ever for a World Series champion ... then again, you gotta admire LaRussa's managerial genuis, the franchise has a lot of likable players and they've been knocking at the door for a couple years now ...

... Since I first started watching him with those glorious 2002 Angels ( ... I loooooved that team), I don't know that there's a player I've admired watchng more the last few years then David Eckstein -- mostly because we're both little guys and I see so many similarities in our styles of play -- and midway through last night's game I declared to Kates: 'Eckstein's gonna win the series MVP' ... he did. Congrats David, on one 'Eck' of a series and winning one for the little guys ...

Hard to believe it's over for another year ....

No comments: