8.07.2006

Tabloid Wars!

... My new favorite Monday night activity!? ...'Tabloid Wars' on Bravo!!!

Finally, a great reality show for us journalists!! ...or as Kates calls it 'a geeky newspaper thing.' I don't know that I've ever seen another show -- or a film -- that so brilliantly, so honestly follows and depicts journalists in their every day work. Not even 'All the President's Men' strikes such a chord. It's a beautiful thing.

... Now in its third week, I haven't missed an episode and it's become a staple recording on our DVR ...

... So far we've seen our beloved Daily News and Post reporters chase stories about a race-infused beating, a couple who got married in a swimming pool, a guy who walks his pet turtle, a cop shooting and a police officer who dies in Iraq.

... and now, in this week's episode, we see the gang cover the murder of a baby-sitter, a Harry Potter book party and the hanky pany adventures of the Monsignor at St. Patrick's Cathedral ...

...which brings me to my next musing ...

Adam Lisberg is my hero! ... He's not only a smart and savvy reporter, he shows compassion and respect to the people he's writing about -- something that, unfortunately, too few reporters have these days. We saw him building a bond with the cop-soldier's family last week. This week it was with a family affected by the baby-sitter murder ... and then his lucky strike on the Monsignor leaving the restaurant was the kind of stuff every reporter lives for!!

…And Kerry Burke is just as cool. By the way, nice haircut Kerry. ... One of these days I'll cut my long mane ...

On the other hand, who’s Hudson Morgan calling a duschbag!? He’s the duschbag. Quit your whining Hud and do some real work …

No comments: