7.31.2006

Trade talk

... They had to do what they had to do I guess, but geez.

... I switched on Sportscenter tonight, and there it was: Cubs trade Greg Maddux to the Dodgers. ... With all the talk swirling around over the last few days, it was inevitable. So sad... On the other hand, we got a solid infielder in Cesar Izturis ...

...But then came the bigger stinger. Todd Walker gets sent to the Padres ... darn. Say what you will about his glove and bat at times. But he's a solid guy and a solid player, and I've always looked forward to watching him play the last couple years. I'll miss him ...

... and this Jose Ceda guy they got in return better be good ...

Meanwhile ... what the heck are the Yankees gonna do with Bobby Abreu!?! Yeah, yeah, Hideki Matsui's out, Gary Sheffield's out. Blah, blah, blah. But seriously!?! How many more sluggers and all-stars does Steinbrenner think he needs over there!?

...Gosh I hope they fall flat down the stretch and Steinbrenner's head implodes ...

...But hey! By accident I discovered how to use the picture-in-picture on our TV. Now, I can watch the Cubs-D-Backs game and the Red Sox-Indians game at the same time. Nice.

No comments: