6.28.2006

It's here baby!!

... less than 24 hours to go.

... the mecca for music lovers.

... the buffet for food connoisseurs.

... the carnival of people watching.

Summerfest 2006. The Big Gig. The World's Largest Music Festival.

(in case you've been living in a cave... THIS is summerfest.)

... I have my tickets and my schedule of bands has been plotted out on the calendar. Plans are still tentative for going opening night to see Elvis Costello with Allen Toussaint and Keane, but I think the rest are a go ...

On Saturday ... I'm all about the Go-Gos. Laugh all you want, but I'm psyched to get a live taste of this blast from the past ...

On Tuesday the Fouth, I had Bowling For Soup penciled in ... but the prospect of spending the night watching fireworks on the beach with Kates is more appealing ...

Thurday the Sixth ... Again, I had The Fray penciled in. That was until we got tickets to the Brewers-Cubs game (woo hoo)... besides we saw The Fray in December, And I can do without all the teenie boppers likely to be crowding the stage that night ...

Friday the Seventh ... I'm all about the Train.

Saturday ... this one's tough. Toto, Pink and Guster are all playing at 10 p.m. But as much as I'd love to hear 'Africa' or 'Rosanna' live, or see Pink bop around the stage singing 'Dont Let Me Get Me' ... Guster is sure to be the all-around better show ...

Sunday ... another tough one. I'm still on the fence about seeing Counting Crows AND Goo Goo Dolls at the Marcus. But that's the key point. It's at the Marcus, meaning I'd be looking at a $50 ticket, compared to the much, much cheaper ground stages ... sooooo I think I'm gonna end up at the Bangles show at 8:30, and if I get lucky, I might even be able to catch a little bit of Aqualung at 10 ...

I'll be exhausted by the end. But it's not summer without it.

Who's with me!?

[For my posts on last year's Summerfest outings go here, here and here.]

No comments: