5.10.2006

Doing it again

... another thing I missed last night, thanks to my falling asleep during the Cubs game. Gosh, it would have been good to catch Dave laughing it up with Britney while she announces her pregnancy ... instead I had to read about it in this morning's Post ...

* * *
Our 'Corporate Cup' points were posted today for Week 2 ... all of the teams' scores dropped quite a bit over last week for a variety of reasons (mostly because they say the 389 the 'Four' posted last week and realized they have no chance ...). In fact, my team's points fell to 272 in Week 2, for various reasons, but we still caked the rest of the teams, keeping our comfortable lead for Week 3 ...

* * *
... another baseball practice tonight, and boy does it feel good ... It's just too bad I won't be available for our first game this weekend ...

... nonethless, we spent the entire 90-minute practice tonight on fielding. Coach asked us at the beginning of the practice where each of us played. 'You can put me whevere you want, except for catcher,' I told him, and added that my preferences are second base, shortstop or outfield ...

... so I spent the night trading plays with another guy at second base and shortstop. ... we practiced turning double plays, we practiced hitting the cutoff man. We took grounders, line drives, fly balls. Coach worked us hard and wouldn't let up until we did something right ... it was great work, and great fun. And at one point, I got just enough time to take a step back, look around at my newfound teammates across the field and think to myself how lucky I was to be playing baseball again, and to be doing with such a great group of guys who know their stuff like I do, love the game as I do and want to be there just as badly ...

(Lost? ... here's my March post referencing how my whole summer of baseball got started ...)

* * *
Speaking of 'Lost' ... another mind-blowing episode, filled with even more clues and questions ... but as usual, I'll leave it up to the other writers and 'Lost' bloggers to fill you in ...

... but jeez, how freaky was that 'new' hatch, yet another video and that whole surveillence thing!?!?!

...and 'Amazing Race' -- see ya, Mojo!! ... I don't think I've ever laughed as hard during a 'Race' episode as I did tonight watching Mo freaking out, sobbing and spilling all those pots she was trying to balance on that board ... 'Joseph, I can't do this!' ... (crash!!) ... 'This is so hard!' ... (crash!!) ... 'I can't handle this anymore!' ... (crash!!) ...

HA-larious!!!

No comments: