4.02.2006

Sunday reads

Some good reads on this rainy Sunday afternoon ...

... what are they thinking?
a Man Accidentally Divorces Wife in Sleep ... Kates often talks in her sleep. I shudder to think ...
aApple Corps, Apple Computer feud over logo ... John, Paul, George and Ringo: I like you guys a lot -- but get over it!!!
a `Grey's Anatomy' climbs in ratings, may move to Thursday ... Why! why! WHY! can't TV execs keep from tinkering with good shows!! It's a hit and it's working just fine on Sunday nights! Please don't kill it ...

... good, old-fashioned fun.
a Beverly Cleary, Age 90: Before Harry and Hermione, there was Ramona the Pest ... truly a classic.
a Of Flab and Flimflammery: Veteran Prankster Behind Esquire's 'Fat Tax' Spoof ... I've been in on some good pranks in my day, but this is top-notch.
a Dixie Chicks address that grudge in their return to radio ... I never understood all the hub-bub about their Bush comments in the first place ... The Chicks are still a heckuva threesome, and I'll enjoy them whether they're against our stupid war or not.

... I can relate.
a The square minimum? A cubicle ... I hate the cubicle ...
a Mark Patinkin: 'Make mine a Shirley Temple, barkeep, and hold the grenadine!' ...I'm a straight-beer-man.
a A foul-mouthed America ... I get teased for this occassionally, and now that I think about it, don't really understand why, but -- I don't cuss. ...It's not that I can't do it. I just don't. And it's not like it offends me all that much when someone does... but seriously. What's the point? Is your life really that messed up? Was the driver who cut you off really that malicious? Was the telemarketer you just hung up on that rude? ... whatever happened to the simple 'shoot?' Let's relax a little, America. That's all I'm saying ...

No comments: