4.23.2006

Sunday reading

Happy Sunday to ya ... here's some of the stories I found particularly interesting from this last week ...

Life as we know it ...
a Mark Patinkin: Suddenly, there I was, in the land of righteous retailers
a Make as much fun of him as you want ... My parents love listening to John Tesh. And yeah he's inspiring and interesting to listen to (sometimes) ... but, yeah, he's easy to make fun of ...
a 'Fido' is so last year: Everything you need to know about naming a dog
a In Texas, the Biggest Box Gets Mighty Fancy Trimmings ... Sorry. Not buying it. As luxurious as this Wal-mart sounds, I still side with those who percieve it as 'soulless' ... that and I wish life were so easy that I too could have a 4,000 square foot home and earns $145,000 a year ... Then, there's this related news: Cart Blanche? The Megamarket's Savings Don't Come Cheap
a Own the ultimate Elvis collectible ....if only ...
a Last writes: Dead men (and women) do tell tales -- in obituaries that are often full of life ... fascinating.

Tech reads ...
a Finding the hidden costs of downloading music
a At 30, Apple Is Mainstream -- And a Target
a Cell phones find a new calling ...and I hate it. Hey, I love my cell phone as much as the next guy. But -- aside from the Tetris game I enjoy playing to pass time in the airport, on the train or wherevere else -- I want nothing to do with having a cell phone that plays music, shows TV shows and all that other mumbo jumbo, let alone have to pay for it. Just let me use it to make phone calls.

Blogging reads ...
a Productivity Tip No. 1: Check Out the Blogs
a Mother makes room for MySpace ...a fascinating story about a 'cool' mom, her teenage daughter and the adventures of parenting ... and the Internet.
a New Trends In Online Traffic ... interesting stuff. I'm glad to contribute ...

TV reads ...
a Our 'Idol' obsession: The LA Times asked network executives, historians and even a comedian to explain why "American Idol" has come to rule the airwaves. ... I don't care what they have to say, I still haven't caught on ...

Music reads ...
a Blunt's music speaks (softly) for him ... say what you want about his voice. It's a great album ...
a Bedingfield is quietly taking over the charts ... I fell in love with 'These Words' immediately. And the video for 'Unwritten' hooked me immediately as well. But my jury's still out on the rest of the album ... She sure is admirable though ...
a Teddy Geiger is on the edge of stardom at 17 ... Give him credit -- he's extremely mature, he's a self-taught musician, and Ben Folds is one of his heroes. It helps that his music is pretty darn good too. (his CD has been in my stereo and near the top of my iPod's 'recently played' list since I got it a couple weeks ago ...)

Baseball reads ...
a Clubbies turn clubhouse into dollhouse

No comments: