4.02.2006

Spring training ...

So I got the e-mail yesterday ...

My spring workouts for the city's new men's baseball league start on April 22 ...

90 percent of me can't wait ... 10 percent of me is dreading it because I'm still nowhere near the shape I want to be for the start ...

On Friday night, I went to the local college for an open gym night. ... I had a ball and felt great mentally. It was the first time I'd shot a basketball in probably four years. And I'd like to think I looked pretty good in the pickup game I got into. I was pounding the ball hard inside, picked a couple passes, blocked a shot or two ... but physically -- yikes ... I was trying pretty hard not to show how sick I was feeling ...

Then again, if I can keep working out consistently the way I have been the last couple weeks I might be ok ...

It helps that this weekend Kates and I have been again taking care of the world's most adorable and cuddly pooch -- Kates' parents' dog, Chloe ... she pushed me on those long morning walks too ...

No comments: