4.30.2006

Playing in the rain

Fresh off a brisk 3-mile MS Walk in the rain this morning ... here I am, watching the Zambrano (see today's Sun-Times) and the Cubs losing to the Brewers ... again ...

Yesterday, while most sports fans I know were watching the NFL draft ( ... why? I'll never understand. I can't stand watching the thing. To me, it's endless trail of talking heads and wannabes liek Mell Kiper spouting speculation and shout-outs with the announcement every thirty minutes or so of some lineman I never heard of ...), I, of course, was watching the Cubs game ...

Actually, as I told a family member at a party last night, during an endless string of teasing, the Cubs didn't play. The Brewers played. The Cubs didn't.

16-2. ... Six homeruns by the Brewers. Two of them by Prince Fielder. ... and seagulls descending on the outfield. Yowsers.

Turns out it was a productive day throughout MLB ...
a Tigers rock Twins 18-1; Yanks spank Jays 17-6
a Baseball in April has extraordinary performances
a Selig: No Ruth fete for Bonds

Further Sunday reading ...
a Instant-messaging 'away' notes relate comings and goings
a Frisco: It Has Its Faults Quake Centennial Stirs Grim Curiosity
a Eric Monte lives in a shelter and keeps his dreams on his laptop

No comments: