2.05.2006

Steelers by 10

... So I'm settling in for the Super Bowl. Less than an hour 'til kickoff ...

My prediction: The Pittsburgh Steelers take it 31-21.

Sure, I have a soft spot for the Seahawks with Mike Holmgren coaching and all the Packer transplants. Plus, the Seahawks seem to have sort of that nice-guy, Cinderalla-story mentality, having never been to a Super Bowl and winning their first playoff games this year since 1984. Deep down, I'm feeling like I'd like to see the Seahawks win ...

But ...

I think the Steelers are too good. They've got the playmakers and Ben Rothsleseigerbutterbugger -- or something like that -- is just too calm under pressure. My gut is that Hasselback and Seattle will crumble under the pressure, no matter how well Holmgren has tried to prepare them ....

...Ah, but who cares about the game. We all know we're looking forward more to the commercials and the epic (hopefully) 'Grey's Anatomy' episode ...

Stay tuned ...

No comments: