8.01.2005

Best Ad on Television

This was a good story appearing on Slate today about a classic Geico campaign ... Every time I see the commercial, it makes me think of how well the ad duped me the first time I caught it over the winter. I remember my jaw dropping at the thought that TV producers could possibly come up with another reality series further from reality than they've already gone, and then actually feeling bad for the couple appearing in the alleged new show! ...and then that tag line " ... it won't save you money on your car insurance." ...It's gotta be one of the most clever ads on television right along -- along with, of course, those HP picture commercials with the guy putting picture frames around his neck. Those rare gems that make you stop what you're doing and watch EVERY TIME ...

The Best Ad on Television - The brilliance of Geico's "Tiny House" By Seth Stevenson

No comments: