3.27.2013

Roland Emmerich spills 'Independence Day' sequel details

Well, this is interesting news ...


I was in the glory of my high school years and living arguably the best summer of my life when "Independence Day" hit the big screen. I saw it with a group of friends within days of its opening that early July of 1996. I was thrilled by the amazing action and cast of the film then, and it remains one of my favorite movies of all-time. As far as I'm concerned, it was the pinnacle of action movies before the overuse of CGI ruined the genre.

I believe things are rarely as good the second time around as they were the first time. So I'm skeptical about any notion of an Independence Day sequel.

But I'm intrigued. ...

03.29.2013 Update: Roland Emmerich: Will Smith is 'too big' for 'Independence Day' sequels


No comments: