1.14.2013

The Golden Globes

I rarely watch awards shows – aside from the Grammys, of course. Most are way too long and a waste of time. Plus, I’m a cynic about the politics, qualifications of the judges and all that goes into selecting the winners. … It's all subjective.

But when you book Tina Fey and Amy Poehlertwo of my favorite entertainers of all time – to host the thing? Yep, I’ll watch!

Totally worth it. EW posted their best jokes here. ... I especially enjoyed the Meryl Streep line.

And yes, the presentation of fellow SNL alums Kristen Wiig and Will Ferrell was totally amusing.

Best acceptance speech: Adele for her best original song in "Skyfall."

Although, everybody seems to be talking about what Jodie Foster did – or didn’t – say. Looking stunning, she had me standing in awe in front of the TV as I watched her speech, and it was easily one of the most memorable moments of the show.

Here's two more good reads ...
a The Lifting of a Veil, Discreetly
a Jodie Foster speaks out

Back to Tina and Amy. I was catching up on my online reading and surfing the web tonight when I stumbled across this gem that's now nearly a decade old  …


No comments: