4.15.2012

Gotye live

We've played the snot out of " Somebody That I Used to Know" this spring in our house. And car.

Now, in the midst of our stormy Saturday night, Gotye played "Saturday Night Live."

I'd waited all week for his performance. And it was so worth it.

The only lingering question in my mind was: Will Kimbra perform with him?

I had been watching the show downstairs, but when the performance began I sprinted upstairs to enjoy it with Kates who was watching another show in our bedroom. ... As the performance progressed with no sign of Kimbra, I was resigned to enjoying it as it was, with Gotye singing solo and his band playing the quirky, cool instrumental.

And then, on cue, as if they were acting out their epic video right there on stage, Kimba appeared, sauntering toward Gotye from stage right and singing her part. I flopped backward onto the bed in giddy laughter.

Great performance. And like I said, so worth it.



I was pleased to watch Gotye perform "Eyes Wide Open" -- another standout on his album -- as his second performance. But the real bonus was the Digital Short, which featured Gotye being harassed and haunted by Adam Samburg and Taran Killam.





No comments: