7.20.2011

The endurance of "Ferris Bueller's Day Off"

So I'm catching up on my news reading tonight and stumbled on this story: ‘Ferris Bueller’s Day Off’ and its 25 contributions to pop culture lore.

My favorite entry may be No. 14, A rash of re-edited trailers. The indie take on the trailer is genius. Like something Zach Braff should appear in. And if I saw the trailer as a TV commercial today, I want to see the film in a heartbeat. Because I'm a sucker for inspirational indie films with sweet soundtracks that include Simon & Garfunkel and Joshua Radin

And on another note, how did I not realize Jennifer Aniston played Jeannie Bueller in the TV version. I was one of the few in America who watched the show -- and I remember enjoying it. Then again, I was 11 and didn't know any better. 

Here's that indie trailer ...

No comments: