5.01.2009

TV bites

Kates and I didn’t get a chance to watch “American Idol” this week. Not even on the DVR … Once I arrived at work yesterday morning, the results were unavoidable. Facebook, Twitter, e-mail alerts -- I saw it like four or five times. And Kates saw it on the morning news show …

Interestingly, I’m not even sorry I missed it. Matt’s ouster was predictable, although it sounds like Adam got quite a scare. … At this point, I’m finding Slezak’s commentaries more entertaining than the actual show. Here’s Tuesday/ here’s Wednesday.

* * *

After all the hype leading up to the 100th episode of “Lost” this week, I thought it was kind of a let down …

Nevertheless, our friends on the island are finding themselves in a doozy of a situation now that the Dharmas appear to be catching onto the infiltration. And Faraday’s been shot!? … Kates totally called it on Whitmore being Faraday’s father.

* * *

This week’s “Office” … Ha-larious.

Loved Kevin spilling the pot of chilli. Kelly’s J-Lo outfit. Meredith pulling out her boob. Creed and Jim playing chess. And Michael fake-firing people.

* * *

At one point last week I told Kates I’d be ok if we dropped “Desperate Housewives,” “Brothers & Sisters” and “Grey’s Anatomy.” … Original cast members are leaving, or more cast members are being piled on (Have I mentioned how creepy awful I think Ryan is for “Brothers & Sisters?”), and the dynamics are changing. The storylines aren’t as good as they once were. And all the high drama is seriously grating on me …

In fact, last week’s “Grey’s” episode and the story of the little girl who was dying of cancer cut strikingly close to home. The little girl eerily resembled what Phoebe might look like in a few years, and Kates, for obvious reasons, was balling …

Then Grey’s pulls out an episode like this week’s that pulls at your heartstrings from another direction. And we’re feeling chummy with our old friends again …
“That, incidentally, is the magic of Grey's Anatomy: We feel like we've been through everything with these people, and we love them like real-life friends even when they annoy us.”

No comments: