4.11.2009

Life After Newspapers?

Newspapers are dying, right? Or are they?

I don't know. I wish I had the all-saving answer.

Every day it seems like another great newspaper is in trouble. And another columnist is pitching a noble idea to get us all turned around.

In my view, this downfall has nothing to do with the economy. It's simply the result of an industry slow to adapt with evolving technology.

Here's a collection of some of the related stories I found interesting during the last couple weeks ...

a Life After Newspapers
a A Plan to Save Our Free Press
a Newspapers aren't assets to be flipped, leveraged, and stripped
a Threat to Globe triggers flood of feelings
a Bail out journalism
a US newspaper owners ratchet up pressure on organized labor
a Google Insists It’s a Friend to Newspapers
a AP cuts fees for U.S. papers, struggles with copyright
a A.P. Seeks to Rein in Sites Using Its Content
a Local Web site The Dagger takes a fresh stab at journalism

No comments: