1.07.2009

The cold

It’s been one of those days again …

Up too early to shovel another 2 inches that fell overnight. There seems to be another dark cloud of uncertainty hanging over our office the last few days. And it’s just plain cold and gloomy outside …

On the bright side, a radio DJ reminded me during my drive to work this morning that pitchers and catchers report in just a few weeks. Hearing that made me burst into giddy laughter … Where did the offseason go!? It seems like the Phillies were packing it up just a few weeks ago.
By the way, one year ago today? ... We had tornadoes. Fun times.

* * *

Phoebe, aka Our Little Trooper, is still battling her cold …Which has been upgraded to an ear infection …

Kates stayed home with her Monday and took her to the doctor to get the diagnosis first thing in the morning … Phoebe’s been having a teaspoon of Amoxicillin with her breakfast and supper every day since.

Finally, that first night after seeing the doctor she showed signs of returning to her normal, smiley, squirmy self … But we’re still sucking a never-ending supply of snot from her plugged-up nose, and tonight she’s added a horrible cough.

Oh, to get a good night’s sleep again …

* * *

Kates and I had a pretty sweet time last night sitting down with our old friends at Sacred Heart Hospital …

Yes, Scrubs is back, and reincarnated on ABC -- which, when you get down to it, I wonder why it wasn’t there in the first place.

In truth, Kates and I have watched the show closely since its beginning. But I’ve never been much more than a casual fan.

Last night, however, I found myself laughing out loud and loving the show more than ever. Courtney Cox fit in just dandily as the new Dr. Maddox and it made me wish she was stepping onto the show permanently rather than just the three-episode arc that's been reported …

And was it just me or did J.D. have a lot more (comical) narration in last night’s new episodes than he did during the show’s previous incarnation?

Check out Mo Ryan's take on the show here.

* * *

Finally, I’ve never paid much attention to Ann Coulter. I do know she's not a well-regarded person in, ahem, some circles ... But heck, I couldn’t have told you what she looked like …

Until I caught her on the Today show with Matt Lauer this morning. When Kates and I are getting ready in the morning, if Sportscenter isn’t on, then Today is. Typically it’s playing in the background while we’re running around getting ready for work and taking care of Phoebe …

But this morning when I happened to walk by the TV and caught Lauer and Coulter sparring, I stopped cold in my tracks and couldn’t pull my dropped jaw away.

C-R-A-Z-Y is one way of describing her, I guess …

In case you missed it, click here

No comments: