7.27.2008

Sunday reading

Kates, Phoebs and I just spent the entire afternoon sprawled out and sleeping on our living room couches, while the baseball games played out on the TV. Nothing like a lazy Sunday afternoon ...

I've been too scattered the last few weeks to do a whole lot of reading ... So I'm playing catch-up again this week ...

Here's my Sunday reading, including several good reads from the last few weeks. Enjoy ...

Sports ...
a Tough to watch what's going on in National League West
a Ballpark safety is about keeping your eye on the ball
a Cubs' Soto latest Puerto Rican standout behind plate
a Hall of Fame former Tribune reporter was game's official historian and a true original
a Favre's heir? With backing from mates, Rodgers waits patiently
a Pro athletes? They'll take Manhattan (Beach)

The Internet ...
a Believe it or not, these are fake
a Do you believe in miracles? A trio of unbelievable videos
a Facebook never forgets

Politics ...
a Vanity Fair satirizes McCain/New Yorker
a Highlights include groundbreaking footage of Truman, Eisenhower, Nixon and Kennedy

TV ...
a 'Survivor' mastermind shares his secrets

Music ...
a The Who look back without slowing
a 'American Idol' top 10 hit the road to stardom ... Just when I've caught my breath and I'm relieved another season is over, I catch these sunny kids, start reliving the good times of last season in my mind, and I can hardly wait for it to start over again ...
a Hannah Montana is bigger than Batman and Brangelina, but not Miley Cyrus
a Ben Folds talks new album and release date ... Aw yeah. The guy makes me feel like a kid in a candy store.

Movies ...
a 'American Teen' pulls you in to high school circle ... Add this to my list of movies I'd like to see. Very Short List also showed off the trailer a couple weeks ago.
a Rumors of Friends movie not true after all
a Samberg has some monkey business going on; video

The Onion ...
a Rain Told To Go Away In 1986 Returns
a Not Snowing Over Here, Man On Phone Reports
a Courageous E-mail To Boss In Drafts Folder Since December
a C.C. Sabathia, Prince Fielder Keep Imagining Each Other As Giant Talking Hot Dog, Hamburger

No comments: