7.27.2008

The Next Food Network Star!

So Kates got me into The Next Food Network Star this summer. She started recording it on the DVR and one Sunday night -- in week three, I believe -- when she was away, I got curious, started watching -- and I was hooked …

Next thing I know Kates and I are glued to our TV at 9 p.m. every Sunday night watching the “American Idol” -- Food Network style …

And tonight was the finale, baby

Going in, Kates asked me who I thought could win -- Lisa, Adam or Aaron. I’d been thinking Aaron … Lisa was such an emotional roller coaster, and Adam was a goofball. Aaron may have been the plainest of the three and he’s not as in-your-face good as the others, but I liked his down-to-earth personality; he was the most all-around likable cook of the three of them, I thought.

‘Course, if I could’ve picked anyone, I would have taken the shiny-happy-Kelsey, who was in the Final Four. But the judges ultimately let her go because she was too young and she kept referring to her culinary school experience … Too bad, I think she could’ve been a hit.

Lisa’s pilot was really good, and like the judges said she offers a lot to market … but Kates and I felt like she was always talking down to the viewers …

Adam’s pilot was really good too, and fun, and out-of-the-box … but I sort of felt with the whole web-cam, e-mail viewer thing that there was too much going on …

Aaron’s pilot was just ok … But the audience seemed to really enjoy themselves watching it …

Then the judges deliberated, and I was thinking for sure they were going to select Lisa …

And they picked Aaron!

Good stuff.

No comments: