7.24.2008

Jessica's Thunder

So this was a fun story to come back to this week …

Jessica Simpson had been in town over the weekend at the annual country music festival … Interestingly, Kates and I had a chance to go this year, too; I had the tickets in my hands. But I ultimately returned them, knowing it would it be too tough to sneak it in with our planned trip. Without thinking about it, Kates and I always seem to pick our summer vacations on the same weekend as the festival …

But back to Jessica. She came, she sang … and according to the account a fellow reporter wrote, a noticeable portion of the crowd didn’t have a favorable reaction.

But that was only the beginning of the story …

Our young reporter’s story about Jessica Simpson performing her first country music concert got bounced all over the world and blogged about and bent in what became a virtual telephone game …

Pollstar picked up on it. So did TMZ, E! Online, The Times of India, the Los Angeles Times, Perezhilton.com, CMT, Access Hollywood and my personal favorite the Idolator.

Today, our publication did a follow-up. And I’ll leave it at that …

No comments: