7.30.2008

Swirling

... One of my all-time favorite scenes in Friends has been playing repeatedly in my head today ...

"Ok, ok I give up! Ross, here... Phoebs wanna fly a plane? Better make it a spaceship so you can get back to your home planet! Ross, phone call for you today, Tom Jones ... He wants his pants back! And Hornswaggle!? What, are you dating a character from Fraggle Rock?!...Aaaah!"
... The way Chandler screams at the end of his rant, sticks his fingers to his head and flops down on the Central Perk couch in utter relief? Yeah, that's kind of the way I've been feeling. Waaaaaaay too many thoughts swirling in my head ...

To cap my afternoon -- in the Are you kidding me!? file -- the news comes across that the Tigers have traded Ivan Rodriguez to the Yankees for Kyle Farnsworth.

Granted Rodriguez's numbers are down this year, and he's going to be a free agent at the end of the season ... But for Farnsworth!? Seriously!?

... So much for the good old days when the Tigers were finally serious about winning again.

Then I got to come home and watch Phoebe play and discover her hands and feet for 15 minutes. That's the kind of stuff I live for these days.

No comments: