5.07.2008

Idol chatter

Ok, there was a split second there that I winced and thought Syesha Mercado might be a goner tonight ...

Then came the magic words from Ryan: "Syesha, you're safe."

See ya later Castro!

I don't think I need to waste any more time bemoaning how awful Jason's performance was last night. And his vocals were only half of it; his lazy-blah attitude about the whole thing was even more offensive ... The guy peaked way early with his "Hallelujah" and it was all downhill from there ...

I thought David Cook and Syesha were just OK last night. Though I'm not sure Syesha deserved the hammering she got from Randy after her second song ...

But c'mon, lil' David blew the competition away last night. His "Stand By Me" was pretty sweet, with the "Beautiful Girls" add-in and all, and his "Love Me Tender" was pretty all right too, even though I'm not a big fan of the song ...

Here's some other good takes on this week's performances and some other good Idol reads ...

a Rock 'n' Roll Nightmare
a "American Idol": The Unfab Four
a Idolatry: Brooke White
a Dos and Don'ts for 'Idol' Hopefuls
a The 15 Best Performances Ever

No comments: