12.24.2007

Merry Christmas!

... Kates and I are in full-fledged Christmas mode now.

... At church, earlier tonight, her children's choir sang beautifully.

... And the service concluded with two of our musicians doing Manheim Steamroller's Silent Night. Amazing. Just minutes before, I had been preparing myself for another lame, churched-down version of the song and thinking to myself about how much I missed hearing the Steamroller version. In my opinion, that version of that song has to be the best, most beautiful Christmas song of all-time. Plus, it brings back such fond memories for me of growing up, surrounded by Kansas City Christmases ... So when it came out tonight, the chills were traveling up and down my spine from the first note played and right up through the last bar ...

... The baby was getting attention tonight, too. Before the service, one of our pastors said to Kates, "A few months earlier and you could have been Mary this year ..." ... Then, during the service, as Kates got up to direct the children's choir, I heard a woman behind me whisper to her pew mate, "Oh! She's pregnant ..." ... And on our way out, our other pastor greeted Kates and I and said, "Oh you guys must be so excited! You are living the Christmas story this year!"

... After we got home, I made salmon for our Christmas dinner ... And now we're enjoying the 24 hours of "A Christmas Story" -- one of my favorite movies of all-time, no matter the season -- on TBS ...

Yep, the Christmas spirit is a live and well in our house tonight ...

So Merry Christmas, from our house to yours ...

1 comment:

E and K said...

Nice post. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas! It is already such an exciting time for you guys.