11.17.2007

Wasting away

So Kates and I went out for dinner last night. And we followed that up with some shopping. And got caught up in looking at baby stuff …

We bought a stuffed dog. Kates tried to talk me out of it. But it’s soooooooo soft and cuddly …And today, Kates and I are fighting about who’s getting to spend more time with it. Go figure. At this rate, we’re going to be the ones sleeping with it, not the baby …


* * *

It’s a drizzly, cold Saturday … and Kates and I soaking in it. Figuratively.

Yesterday, my friend Raechel asked what plans I had for the weekend. I proudly answered, “Nothing.” Just a relaxing, boring weekend at home, I said, and added, “Those are my favorite kind.”

Kates and I awoke this morning, poured ourselves some cereal and sat ourselves on the couch, from which we’ve barely moved…

8:30 a.m. - We got back to watching the Top 20 countdown on VH1. Something we hadn’t done in awhile … Turns out there’s some decent stuff out right now. I hadn’t noticed because I’ve been so wrapped up in the indie stuff lately … Ok, so I’ve had the Regina Spektor, Colbie Caillat, Silverchair and Matchbox Twenty songs for awhile. But I love Natasha Bedingfield’s new sound. And I’ve never enjoyed Rihanna, but her new song with Ne-Yo is a sweet one …

10:02 a.m. - We began cleaning off our DVR. We started with last night’s “50 Greatest TV Icons” special (EW has its site here), while enjoying some leftover spinach dip. Good stuff -- the TV icons, I mean (the spinach dip was good, too). Although, Kates and I agreed Michael J. Fox should have been higher on the list. And Jennifer Aniston above Sally Field!? I love Jennifer Aniston. But C’mon.

11: 47a.m. - We watched Frank Caliendo’s standup special on TBS … (See short clip here.) His stuff isn’t as fresh as it was when we saw him in January. But it’s still pretty funny … The two things he didn’t do for us in January? His Charles Barkley ("That's terble!") and Jay Leno (bobblehead) impressions. Now that’s very funny. (Frank's new show premieres this week! Woo hoo!)

12: 42 p.m. - We cooked a pizza for a late lunch.

12:52 p.m. - We watched this week’s “Back To You.” “Scrubs.” “30 Rock.” All funny and entertaining as usual.

3:20 p.m. - I told myself I was going to get off the couch and start doing something constructive 20 minutes ago … It hasn’t happened yet.

No comments: