11.25.2007

Sunday reading

... I just "elfed" myself ... Check this out.

Here's some of the good reads that caught my eyes this week ...

Sports & Baseball ...
a On the Mark: Pats flat-out dominant
a Cubs to miss savvy McDonough
a McDonough's successor? Cubs let new owner decide
a He can't lose, but can he win?
a Glavine Returns to Braves With $8M Deal ... Good for him. I never thought he should have left the Braves in the first place ...
a Voting for MLB awards needs to change hands ... This guy's Colorado bias aside, the lack or Rockies winning postseason awards just isn't right.

TV ...
a A Looser Lucifer: Ray Wise Is Having A Helluva Good Time Playing the Devil ... Ray Wise does play a good devil. Although, I removed "Reaper" from our DVR a couple weeks ago, thinking I've seen enough and the show wasn't going anywhere. Sure the adventures were sort of amusing, but, to me, none of the episodes I was seeing were as good as the pilot. I saw it turning into the same thing week after week. And I couldn't take anymore of watching poor Sam agonizing over Andi ... I may return to the show some day. But for now I'd rather spend my Tuesday nights doing other things ...
a Prime Time for Reading? Survey Looks at Viewers' Plans During Strike ... Personally, I'm enjoying the writer's strike for the reprieve from constant TV-watching. I've been able to catch up on some reading and enjoy a whole lot of music ... If only it were so easy to turn off the TV without a writer's strike ...

Music ...
a Neil Diamond reveals 'Sweet Caroline' is about Kennedy daughter ... Arguably the most amusing news of the week ... I long for the day I get to experience singing this song among the Red Sox Nation at Fenway ...
a Music Q&A: Colbie Caillat gets 'Bubbly' ... Kates thinks she'll be a one-hit wonder. I guess we'll see ...

The Internet ...
a Educators weigh merits of social network sites
a Heads are turning to Facebook
a How to punish a cyber-bully

Politics & media ...
a 'Daily Show' host doomed to relive past ... The Musharraf interview still ranks as one of the more memorable things I've seen on The Daily Show ... ah, well.
a In San Jose, Downsizing With Dynamite
a Web Sites Tear Down That Wall
a Neatness counts ... Brian Williams' post and quips on the subsequent broadcast were pretty amusing too ...
a Drew Peterson case: Bright lights, big hassle for neighbors
a In a Watched Society, More Security Comes With Tempered Actions

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you see the Trib story about the emergence of these missing Black Sox papers? Cool.
Hope all is well! Matt
(No Barry comments this time.)

p.s. That Colorado baseball voting story? Sounds like sour grapes to me. He wanted every Rockie to win every award!