2.15.2007

Holding up

... I'm still sick.

... Sure, I went back to work this week. But this coughing is a virus all its own. For days now, I've felt as though I'm riding the tail of whatever I had. But it's hanging on to me like a lost boy ... No matter how many teaspoons of Dayquil I take, I can't stop coughing. And I seem to be blowing gallons of snot into the Kleenex everytime I blow my nose ...

* * *

Kates and I celebrated our Valentine's Day this year by avoiding any outdoor activities (... it's still freezing here, too ...) and cozing up to our TV. ... I know, how's that different from any other night, right?

We took advantage of a Valentine's Day special at one of the local pizza joints and had it delivered ...

Then we ordered "The Devil Wears Prada" On Demand ...

Good film.

... The storyline was a little predictable, but it had wit and charm. And the strong cast of characters keep the film moving. Meryl Streep is golden as the soft-talking but devlish Miranda Priestly. Anne Hathaway is adorable, and you can't help but root for her. And Emily Blunt and Stanley Tucci are icing on the cake ...

I'd watch it again.

* * *

Spring training is here, baby!!

... I'm so sick of hearing about Barry Bonds steroids (... The day he breaks Hank Aaron's record will be the saddest day in the history of baseball ...). I don't want to talk anymore about how much money the Cubs wasted this year (Two names: Alfonso Soriano, Kerry Wood ...).

I just want to sit back and enjoy it all unfold ... or implode.

Some good baseball reads ...
a Under Armour signs join ivy in Wrigley outfield ... My jaw dropped when I saw this headline. It was only a matter of time before the Cubs sold out and put ads on the outfield walls. Although we can breathe a little sigh of relief that the advertising isn't exactly on the ivy (The Cubs are putting in on a set of doors in the wall) ... yet.
a Oft-injured Wood hurt in hot-tub mishap ... Like this news came as a big surprise. The Cubs should have got rid of him when they had the chance ...
a Getting to the center of Griffey's move to right
a Age takes away Boss of old
a Players making position changes in '07
a Winners and losers for baseball's off-season

The Onion

Alex Rodriguez Nervously Awaiting Invitation To Spring Training

NEW YORK—All-Star third-baseman and Yankee roster hopeful Alex Rodriguez is still anxiously waiting to receive official word that he has...


* * *
... and speaking of spring ...

Summerfest has started announcing some of its acts. Tonight comes the announcement that Pink Floyd mastermind Roger Waters will play ...


The first set of the performance will provide an overview of Waters’ music, including early Pink Floyd material from "The Wall" and "Wish You Were Here" along with some of his solo works. The second set will feature Waters and a full band performing "The Dark Side Of The Moon" in its entirety.
The ticket prices are an arm and a leg, but how sweet would it be to hear all of "Dark Side Of The Moon" live? Pretty sweet ...

No comments: