1.01.2007

Vacation, Day No. 3

... So I pledged last week that one of the things I wanted to do this week was tear out our bathroom sink. The faucet leaked horribly, the fixtures were falling apart and the big ugly, boxy vanity was far too big for our cramped bathroom. The entire bathroom wasn't put together well to begin with (when we bought the house almost three years ago, it was as though the previous owners started redoing the bathroom and hadn't finished by the time they decided to sell ...).

It's an ugly little bathroom.

I'd had enough.

So on Saturday night we bought a classy new pedastal sink to replace it.

And this day couldn't come soon enough. I shut off the water. Unscrewed the pipes. And with a weak tug, it was freed from the wall ...

(Between all this, I was taking breaks to catch parts of the Badgers game ... it wasn't pretty, but we got the win ...)

Next thing we knew, Kates and I were disposing the thing in our garage and pulling up the dingy linoleum floor ...

And the next thing we knew after that, we were heading back to Lowe's to pick out new ceramic tiling and the accessories to install it ...

I guess I'll be doing a little more this week than just replacing the sink ...

No comments: