5.26.2006

Amid controversey

... so me and hundreds of other journalists gathered Wednesday at the Museum of Science & Industry for the big preview of the King Tut exhibit.

All the usual fanfare was there. The Museum officials praised the exhibit and lauded all the big corporate sponsors, who in turn spoke of their support for the exhibit and the importance it will have on the city and cultural upbringing ...

yada. yada. yada.

... and thus, I barely noticed the huge controversey swelling when the secretary general of Egypt’s Supreme Council of Antiquities, Dr. Zahi Hawass, made a stern request for a CEO to put the sarcophagus he had into a museum ... although, admittedly, I did find it a little odd this CEO had this artifact just lying around his office ...

... but this beat went on ...

...it wasn't 'til today that I stumbled on this article and realized how big a deal this a sarcophagus thing had become ...

Kind of cool I was there to see it all begin ...

No comments: