4.10.2006

When you're so tired ...

... that you can't enjoy it.

... Exhausted from a hard, albeit productive day in the yard, I wanted to do nothing last night but curl up on my favorite couch, under my Cubs blanket and watch the guys on 'Sunday Night Baseball.'

... I was out by the third inning ... (falling alseep to a baseball game, another one of my favorite pastt imes).

...And I woke up somewhere during the seventh inning...

... I managed to keep my eyes open long enough to see the Cubs were losing and showing few signs of a comeback. And long enough to see the Cardinals thrower walk a couple batters to open the eighth ...

... And then my eyes closed again ...

... The next images I saw on the TV were those of 'Sportscenter.' And I turned it off, half frustrated I couldn't keep awake to cheer on the Cubs and half blaming myself for another loss, walking upstairs to get ready for bed...

...I flipped on the TV in the bedroom to 'Sportscenter' again and started watching the scores scrolling along the bottom. ... I noticed 'Cardinals 4 Cubs 8' and my jaw dropped. I took a double-take and said out loud, 'Nah...'

But it was true. The Cubs won. Michael Barrett was the hero again, hitting a grand slam to win it for the Cubbies ...

And I slept through it.

No comments: